About Erin Libby

I am a painter, sculptor, illustrator, art educator and recovering commercial artist. I trained at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, the University of Chicago, the University of California at Los Angeles, and Western Washington University, with a brief stint at Mexico City College. Mexico City College gave me my foundation technique of egg tempera. I am a working painter, currently showing at the Blue Horse Gallery in Bellingham and Gallery by the Bay in Stanwood, Washington. Look for my work in Fairhaven at Olivia Cornwall Gallery.

I've been teaching art for a very long time. I hope that you find this blog helpful.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

I use a ball point pen a lot. With pencil, you can erase, but I always lose my eraser. Pencil art really shoould be given a light coating of workable spray-fix.
There are days when my rectangles are more accurate than others. I work towards "fast," more than accurate. Note: I made no location or date notes! oops!
This book is about 8"x8."

No comments:

Post a Comment